1. Church Organist/Pianist
Information about applying and our application process is available by contacting the church office. The job description is below. Blessings!
First Presbyterian Church
TITLE: Church Organist/Pianist
PURPOSE: To provide appropriate music and accompaniment for services of worship.
- Furnish accompaniment for hymns, choral music, liturgical elements, and soloists.
- Offer preludes, postludes, offertories, solo music, and the like.
- Provide office staff with title and composer/arranger information for orders of service.
(The above apply to typical Sunday services and occasional services such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, etc.)
4. When available, provide music and accompaniment for weddings and funerals; terms shall be agreed with the primary parties.
5. Coordinate ordering and procurement of music for worship with Music Director or Worship Committee chairperson.
- Knowledge of the basics of Protestant Christian worship and of the basics of the Christian sacred music repertoire for organ and piano.
- Ability to perform, reading at the organ console, an average hymn at an average tempo employing both manuals and the pedalboard simultaneously.
- A tenure as church organist. Experienced in use of organ and piano to support Christian worship in church services.
- Has shown commitment to the music ministry of Christ’s Church.
Employed by the Session, supervised by the Music Director and Worship Committee, coordinates with Pastor.
Conforming to congregational personnel policies